Workplace: Milan – Hybrid working mode: home & office
Type of employment: full-time contract
Outbrain is seeking a Milan based, highly motivated, entrepreneurial Team Lead Mid Market to join their commercial team in Milan, focusing on performance-focused marketers at DTC and SMBs in Italy (sometimes known as Mid Market).
You’ll be a driven seller with demonstrable experience of working with SMBs and direct-to-consumer businesses looking to achieve goals like customer acquisition, lead generation and sales with their online marketing mix.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving direct revenue by leveraging the industry’s leading content, advertising and native discovery solution for marketers and brands in Italy, as well as sourcing new clients, building a revenue pipeline and turning prospects into partners, and managing a small team.
Candidates should be energetic self-starters who enjoy working with clients; proactive in delivering the best possible customer experience and committed to creating new business opportunities in a dynamic environment. They should be commercially savvy; identifying new categories and opportunities from an ever growing category of successful businesses like Velasca.
This role will be responsible for managing reports also – so should have some experience and a coach/player mentality. The role requires a driven, organized individual who uses their time effectively and is looking to join a team with a fun, fast-paced, hard-working culture – built on top of performance.
Your first year should look like this:
– In your first month, you should find your bearings, get to know your team, do a deep dive into our Amplify product and start to build key relationships.
– After three months, you’ll have mastered our pitch, with a handful of in-person client presentations behind you. You’ll know how to negotiate deals and who to lean on internally. You’ll be building on new business opportunities via client generation and pipeline. Additionally, you’ll feedback to product management on features that would provide partners with additional value.
– After six months, you will have autonomous ownership of a client patch and be working closely with cross-functional teams including marketing, sales planning, and account management, as well as managing designated opportunities from lead to close.
– By the end of your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the sales team, exceeding revenue and behavioural targets, having leveraged a strong base of client contacts to help the team grow business.
Experience and qualifications:
– 6+ years digital sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
– Proven experience in managing a team
– Full proficiency in Salesforce and/or similar CRM platforms
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– Ability to help grow your teams’ key business
– Existing network of client-direct contacts and a good understanding of DTC market and business models
– Strong understanding of all performance KPIs including CPA, CPL, CPI and ROI
– Clear and concise communication skills and presentation style, for both internal and external stakeholders
– A natural people-person with proven examples of establishing, growing and leveraging key relationships
– A curious and self-starting nature
– Strategic planning ability and the drive to achieve and stretch targets
– A willingness to “get stuck in” and be proactive
– A team player who thrives on strong collaboration
– Organised – there is a lot to do!
– Experience in managing/mentoring others
– Understanding and knowledge of the native, ad-tech, performance marketing landscape, programmatic buying
– Fluent Italian and English
If interested please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org